Experienced Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA®s) in Washington, DC earned up to $88,000, while the overall median figure for those with this much experience was $65,072. DC.gov amended its regulations for the treatment of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in 2013. Now the District requires that the essential health benefits plan include services such as applied behavior analysis (ABA) for ASD.
- BehaviorAnalysis@Simmons - MS in Behavior Analysis online. No GRE required. BACB®-Verified Course Sequence. 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Pepperdine University - Online Master's in Applied Behavior Analysis. GRE scores are not required to apply.
- University of Dayton's - Online Master of Applied Behavior Analysis program. No GRE required.
- Regis College - Online Master of Science in Applied Behavioral Analysis
- Capella University - MS in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Bachelor's or Master's Behavior Analysis Degrees and Certificates
Burning Glass Technologies reported that knowledge of autism was the main job skill specified for BCBA®s. Typically, ABAs treat ASD by training individuals to monitor their behavior, so they can interact with other people more effectively and recognize the feelings of others. DC’s mandate to cover these services increased the number of jobs for ABAs in private practice, and those who practice independently.
Salaries for Board Certified Behavior Analysts in Washington, DC
Shown below are the salary figures for ABAs in Washington, DC with ten years of experience and those new to the profession. Each list provides the overall salary range (from median to 90th percentile) for each category, followed by the median among ABAs in a number of employment sectors (November 2016):
Experienced – $65,072 – $88,000
- Companies – $69,296
- School Districts –$69,261
- Private Sector – $69,168
- Non-Profits –$67,416
- Government – $67,265
Entry-Level – $53,651 – $72,000
- School Districts – $59,317
- Government – $57,069
- Companies – $56,050
- Private Sector – $55,623
- Non-Profits – $52,406
Autism Intervention Resources in DC
DC’s mandate that insurance cover autism treatment expanded opportunities for ABAs in the private sector. The national autism science and advocacy group Autism Speaks® identified seven resources for ASD treatment in the District as of November 2016:
- A Piece of Mind, Inc.
- A.S.I.C.S. ABA Therapy
- Behavior Change Institute (BCI)
- Capital ABA
- Early Autism Solutions
- J & C Behavioral Therapy, LLC
- National Speech/Language Therapy Center
PayScale.com provides detailed information on what applied behavior analysts in various employment settings and with various levels of experience can expect to earn in Florida.